Hi, my name is Joe Buschmann, and I'm a software developer living and working in Chicagoland. I build enterprise services and applications using a mix of open source software and Microsoft technology. My experience ranges from front end development with HTML+React+Node to building services on the .NET stack to automating CI and deployment with Jenkins and Bamboo.
You can find me on LinkedIn, twitter, github, and facebook.
I believe in...
Continuously adding value and helping my team improve.
Enabling software platforms by writing code that is loosely coupled with well defined integration points.
Keeping software design simple and effective.
Automating tasks as part of my daily development habits.
Developing automated tests as part of my daily work.
Documenting my work to help others learn.
- C# Programming Language
- .NET Development
- Creating REST services with with Nancy FX and IIS
- BDD Testing with Specflow
- Web development with React, Bootstrap, and Node
- JS unit testing with Jasmaine and Jest
- CI with Jenkins and Bamboo
- Visual Studio 20XX
- SQL Server and TSQL
- Batch and shell scripting
- VB6 (how I got my start)
- BS Physics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, 1999, Summa Cum Laude
- BS, Mathematics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, 2000, Summa Cum Laude